To video-consult with one of our four clinicians, please call Bastian Voice Institute at 630-724-1100 or email your request, along with where you are emailing from, to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will help you with a series of simple steps to arrange a HIPAA-compliant Zoom video-visit.
About our doctors and physician assistant:
All four of them share expertise with a very large caseload of both common and rare disorders. For example, as a group, we manage:
*An estimated 1500 persons with sensory neuropathic cough, many from great distances and often from outside of Illinois.
- Approximately 100 persons with spasmodic dysphonia per month
- Uncommon swallowing disorders like cricopharyngeus dysfunction with or without Zenker’s diverticulum
- Persons with chronic hoarseness due to vocal overuse injury
- Singers with otherwise-irreversible injuries who elect to undergo microsurgery (at least 2000 cases and many thousands more in non-singers)
- One of the Midwest’s largest populations of adults with laryngeal papillomas (RRP)
- Vocal cord paralysis (medialization via injected or surgical implants)
- Larynx cancer (Laser excision or partial or total laryngectomy)
- Narrowing of the airway in voicebox or trachea (windpipe)
- Inability to belch (retrograde cricopharyngeus dysfunction)
Staff will coach you through the following steps:
- Schedule a time as described above (a simple and straightforward process)
- Fill out a few forms we send you, so that our doctors can help you best
- Follow instructions for return of questionnaire, consent, appointment time, and payment.
- Engage in a Zoom HIPAA-compliant conversation and teaching session, concluding with a recommended “plan” after considering your options. Sometimes in-office examination is recommended.