Office hours are typically 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. We are open one Saturday morning per month for laryngeal Botox injections.
To request an appointment, you may call 630-724-1100. (After hours you may leave a voicemail request by following the phone menu.)
Or you may email our staff:
- Tiffany Schroeder: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandra Meloy: email@example.com
- Whitney Burton: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our cancellation policy
Bastian Voice Institute requests the courtesy of a call 48 business hours prior to cancellation of your appointment for physician visits. Speech pathology has a 24 business hour cancellation policy to avoid a $50 late cancellation fee.
A word to our out-of-town patients and visitors
Bastian Voice Institute cares for individuals not only from the Chicagoland region but also from across the nation and other countries. (For your convenience, here are links to hotels in the area of Bastian Voice Institute, as well as travel directions.) We will do our best to facilitate visits by patients from out of town, in order to accomplish the maximum possible in a short period of time. Please direct inquiries to Tiffany Schroeder, Office Supervisor: email@example.com
An important note about scheduling: Sometimes individuals consulting at BVI are only seeking a second opinion. Others, however, come to us entertaining surgery, based on opinions from elsewhere. This happens most frequently in the case of those who need vocal fold microsurgery. For the convenience of such patients, we often tentatively schedule surgery for the day following the consultation.
In this way, if surgery is clearly indicated and mutually agreed upon by physician and patient, both consultation and surgery can be accomplished in the context of a single visit to Downers Grove. If surgery is not needed or desired, it is a simple matter to cancel the scheduled surgery.
Our staff would be happy to explain this arrangement to you more fully by phone.
Both in-patient and out-patient surgeries are scheduled by our clinical personnel or practice manager. This can be done in one of several ways:
- Onsite: Make an appointment at the conclusion of a physician consultation, for a date typically a few weeks later.
- By telephone: Call (630) 724-1100 during regular clinic hours to request your preferred date for surgery (and consultation if you have not yet seen a physician).
- By voice-mail: If the clinical staff is temporarily unavailable during regular business hours, or if you call after normal hours, you can access the triage mailbox and your call will be returned within 24 hours.
Because of privacy concerns, we cannot currently accept requests via e-mail.
BVI registration forms
If you prefer to fill our forms out in advance of your appointment, please download and print one or more of the following forms:
- New Patient Packet (Microsoft Word .docx file)
- New Patient Questionnaire (Note: You can fill out and save this PDF using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader XI. If you’re on a Mac, DON’T use Preview.)
- New Cough Patient Questionnaire (Note: You can fill out and save this PDF using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader XI. If you’re on a Mac, DON’T use Preview.)
Also, for our patients who are on a capsaicin trial for a diagnosis of sensory neuropathic cough, you can review these instructions:
- Instructions for Use of Capsaicin for Sensory Neuropathic Cough (Microsoft Word .doc file)