Billing & Insurance
Bastian Voice Institute will file your claim(s) to your insurance company and manage your account. If you have any questions regarding insurance pre-certification, your account, or the status of the insurance claim filing, please contact us at (630) 724-1100 or by fax at (630) 724-0084.
You may also email:
- Tiffany Schroeder: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elise Kemerley: email@example.com
Alternatively, you may write to us at:
3010 Highland Pkwy
Downers Grove, IL 60515
ATTN: Billing Department
General information regarding medical insurance
As a courtesy to our patients, Bastian Voice Institute will work with insurance providers with whom we have contracts (see our table below). If your insurance plan is not on our list, we will be happy to assist you in obtaining a pre-certification from your insurance company for an out-of-network visit.
Your role in working with your insurance carrier
Please bring all insurance cards with you at the time of your appointment. This will help you receive optimal coverage from your insurance carrier.
Our role in working with your insurance carrier
If this is your first visit to Bastian Voice Institute, then prior to your visit one of our staff members will forward to you helpful information on how to obtain your benefits and eligibility from your insurance carrier. This information will help you gain a greater understanding of your coverage prior to your appointment.
Logistics for BVI billing
Bastian Voice Institute is currently credentialed as an in-network provider for these insurance plans (and some others not listed here):
|Blue Cross Blue Shield||X||X||X||Out of Network:|
All Blue Choice Plans—Bronze, Silver, & Gold, etc.
|Medicare||*||*||*||*All basic Medicare plans accepted, excluding Medicare Solutions|
|UnitedHealthcare||X||X||X||Choice Plus EPO**|
Select Plus EPO**
Claims and payment policy
- Co-pay and deductible amounts are expected at the time of service.
- Covered insurance amounts will be submitted to your insurance company as a courtesy. Once a determination of benefits is made by your insurance plan, remaining patient amounts become due and payable upon receipt of the statement sent to you by Bastian Voice Institute.
- If BVI is out of your insurance plan network, it is typical that your insurance will pay a smaller percentage of charges leaving a larger percentage of those charges as the responsibility of the guarantor.
- Uninsured patients may elect to pay in full at the time of service or to take advantage of a 6-month payment plan to be arranged by our staff.